Saturday, January 7, 2017

Pink Paislee | Card Set

This past week on the Pink Paislee Blog, the designers shared ideas for fussy cutting.  Fussy cutting can be as simple or intricate as you want it. It’s great for creating extra embellishments and for adding texture and dimension to your projects. I have a card set to share with you using the Take Me Away collection by Paige Evans.


The first card was easy peasy!  I decided to cut one of the cute windows from the Paper 09. When I fussy cut, I usually like to leave a margin around whatever I am cutting. This helps your fussy cut image stand out from the background you’re adding it to. I covered a white card base with Paper 07. I liked that it had a subtle pattern with the small polka dots and it was a great contrasting color against the yellow on the cute window image. 


I wanted to have more of a separation between the patterned paper and fussy cut window, so I chose one of the tags from the Ephemera Pack as a layering piece. Once I had the tag in place, I added several pop dots to the fussy cut window to give it dimension on the card. I completed the card design with a couple of chipboard pieces and embellishments.


My second card features more intricate fussy cutting. Flower patterns are perfect for fussy cutting. Fussy cut flowers can be used as extra embellishments for your projects or you can create a totally different background look with them. I chose Paper 02 and cut most of the flowers from the paper. I kept my card base white because I just wanted to cover the entire front of the card with the fussy cut flowers. I cut and layered the flowers on the front of the card until I reached my desired look.



When adding adhesive to the back side of the flowers, I didn’t cover them completely. This allowed me the ability to slide the fussy cut pieces under one another and gave texture to the card. I really loved the final result of all of the flowers on the front of the card. This technique would work great on a layout too  You could use a larger flower pattern to cover the bigger area. I wanted to keep the embellishing very simple, so I chose two chipboard pieces for the card and finished with one of the white foam hearts.


You can find more ideas for fussy cutting, by checking out the posts from this past week on the Pink Paislee Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment